Goose Creek Bed and Biscuit
With spring and summer approaching, many of us will be looking forward to traveling and many pets will be visiting the Bed and Biscuit. Pets that are new to boarding or do not visit us frequently may be nervous about staying with us while their parents are out of town.
When my dog, Tab, visits the Bed and Biscuit here are some things I try to do to make her more comfortable during her stay:
- Before Tab’s first overnight stay, she visited for a couple days of daycare. This allowed her to get used to the surroundings and the caregivers. It also allowed her to get used to being dropped off with them and mommy always returned at the end of the day.
- I always pack a ziploc bag of Tab’s regular food that she eats at home. Bringing her regular food decreases the chances that she will have an upset tummy due to a change in diet. It also makes her feel more at home I think. I usually also pack some of her favorite treats that her caregivers can give her after her evening walk.
- Tab always takes her favorite toy, fluffy star to the Bed and Biscuit with her. She can play with it and cuddle with it and it it smells like home.
- I usually provide Tab with a TLC package. The caregivers at Bed and Biscuit offer several packages that offer your pet more one on one time with a caregiver. It could be extra treats, teeth brushing, tossing a ball, or maybe an extra walk. During the warmer months, they even have sprinkler playtime. Tab prefers the movie star package. I think she just wants to eat her weight in pupcorn….
- I always make sure that when I fill out Tab’s paperwork, that all of my contact information is up to date and if they need to reach me while I am out of town, they can and if not they can reach someone if Tab has a problem or they have a question about her care.
I’m looking forward to my vacation and I know Tab is going to have a great time with all her friends at the Bed and Biscuit.